Saturday 14 September 2013

Take my hat off to you

I love unusual looking lights and recently I stumbled across the idea of mixing head-wear and home-wear together


no not like this....although it is a rather fetching choice of outfit. I was meaning something more like this:



After getting some inspiration from an awesome blog by Kate Albrecht I started thinking about how I could make one of these for myself and then it hit me that I had a top hat gathering dust in my craft cupboard


I'm not going to lie, it took a while to find it as y cupboard is pretty jam packed at the moment but it was well worth it. 

This lampshade was the simplest craft project I have done in a while. All I had to do was take a pair of scissors and cut a small hole in the top of the hat. Then I unscrewed my current lampshade in the livingroom and pushed the screw lamp base through the hole before screwing the white piece of plastic back on.

I used a low watt energy efficient light bulb as i was afraid the hat might burn but I've been using it for a couple of months now and it's all good as the hat doesn't touch the bulb - so give it a go, it really is that simple.


REMEMBER - don't let the bulb touch the hat and if you are worried about it looking like a fire hazard then take it down immediately

I'll be back xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

About This Blog
A blog for fun and unusual Craft tutorials This year I will be learning a new craft every month - if there is a craft you would like to learn, let me know

Search This Blog

Featured Post Via Labels

Instagram Photo Gallery